While we move...

We are in the process of updating our website. In the meantime, you can find out information about us here. For further information, please email us:
Chip Ahlswede
Meredith Weisel

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

In ways that only dc can

I can't even tell you a ballpark of how often I've been to DC. Not just because I lived there for a while, but because it is one of those cities that draws you back.

And let me give you who live there a little context.
- Potomac fever is real. It hits every March-April. Even after a decade of being gone.
- I still quietly smile as people who go there tell me about all the "politicians" they saw eating at Old Ebbits.
- I still get pissed off when someone tells me the motorcade is coming because it's going to ruin traffic all day. (Although we have that same reaction in LA).

Still I am en route home and can't wait to get back at the end of the month to speak at ASAE (http://www.asaenet.org) government affairs conference.

There is just something about dc.

So somewhere between giving directions to the Washington Monument to a tourist (it's literally the only building you can see everywhere, how do they get lost?), listening to someone talk about yet another friend moving "back home" , or trying to convince yourself that you can get decent chinese or mexican food (no you can't, you're just lying to yourself) - take the time to appreciate the absolute magnanimity of the town you reluctantly love to call home. 

After all, it oversees a $17 trillion economy... Take that NY!


No comments:

Post a Comment