We make a lot on this blog that there is so much more that can be done with the level of political discourse, civic engagement, and strategic thinking when it comes to getting involved in politics.
For a minute, let's look at all we have to be thankful for politically -
- We have the right to complain about what is happening
- We have the ability to make changes to what is going on
- We can freely work together with others who are like minded and want change
- We can take issues that aren't popular, aren't fully understood, and make them important
- We take our opportunities that we make in the industry
- We take the time to learn about our system and how to change it
- We make a difference in our communities
- We make our leaders listen to us
Not every country has those rights, and we should be thankful we have them.
And the best way to show our thanks to those who came before us to help ensure that we had those rights is to NEVER surrender them to government control.